Sunday, December 06, 2009

What a weekend

Wow it has been two really long days. So, I had to go buy myself a new laptop cause mine completly went! I mean competly I can't even figure out why. All I know is I was working on dowloading music and ebooks, I made a spreadsheet of my books and which I had gotten as an ebook, I was chugging along. downloading xmas music, getting everything done... than my laptop battery died! BIG mistake, it had been 2 days since I started everything I was doing. I was making so much progress, that when my computer tried to do a recovery for my ebooks spreadsheet it just went! I tried everythinh. than when I did the system restore, it did it but was unable to boot up again... uh anyway... I had to get myself a new laptop cause now I am copletly paperless and if I don't have a laptop I will be a complete mess! So I went on best buy and said I will get myself a net book. So I am sitting here typing to you all on my tiny netbook. I am having a very hard time trying to type on this thing. It is not easy at all!

I do very much like my new netbook though. I have almost everything that I need back on here. All I need is openoffice, which is what I used instead of windows office, cause I am not in school currently and there is no way I am going to spend over 100 bucks on that program! All I need is a word processor and I'm good! So anyway, I was happy with myself for under 500 bucks I have a new computer that has all the capabilities as my old one in a nice tiny package. Tiny is good only cause it is easier for me to carry without being soo damn heavy!

I am actually surprised that my old laptop lasted 3 years. Ever since I was 18 and got my first laptop they only last me a year! SO three years was a life time with that laptop! It was very good to me even though we had our problems.. I had to bring it back to life about 4 times, it had a new mother board and a new hard drive in it from about last year in September/October.

Now luckly on Thursday I decided to back up all my files, I kept on forgetting and finally did it in the knick of time. Now As for my photos, I had them all saved on my Ipod, and the computer was giving me too many problems the transfer them over that I had to just stick with them on my ipod, that means that I have to use hubby's laptop to transfer them to a thumb drive to transfer them to my new computer.

Oh, the most interesting part about this netbook is no cd/dvd drive. now at first your thinking oh shit well that sux but in actuallity you do not need one! I know I need to hook up my all in one printer but you are able to download the printer disk from the website, I need Itunes, openoffice, ereader, internet, my camera, and any other programs I have are downloadable. And any other information I need just has to be put on a thumb drive before putting it onto my computer. The only other thing I get that would be on disk is when my brother in law makes cds of music for my daughter, which can simply be put on a thumb drive!

Well now the only problem I came accross is that the pictures on my ipod can not be transfered back over. So I am trying to get back onto my old laptop as I type, this isn't going too well! It looks like I would have had to click store full version of file on my photos before uploading them. I hope I can retreave them. these are all the pics of my daughter since she was born. I have a few but not many. I know my Ipod will be around for a very long time but not forever. I need to be able to get ahold of all of those pics! uhh the frustrations! Well it isn't going very well over here. Hubby says cause I'm a pc and he is a mac... blablabla.

Anyway, I will go so I can get some more stuff done over here... Lata, I hope everyone has been having a wonderful weekend... I will try to be better about comenting, just been so busy latley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Measurments- sept 1, 2009

L arm: 12.5
R arm: 12.5
L thigh: 26
R thigh: 25.5
L calf: 15
R calf: 14.5
Bust: 34.5
Waist: 37
Thighs: 40.5