Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cake and cupcakes!

So recently I have talked about baking more than ever. Did I mention I love to cook, I think so. Did I mention I love to bake, I'm sure of it! Well I want to share with you all the pics of all the cupcake and cake from the birthday party.

This is Minnie! Ain't she a cuite! That was my daughter's Party B-day Cake

This is tray 1&2 of cupcakes, one was halloween decorations!

Tray 3&4 had to have some cool down time in the fridge cause the icing started to melt.

Tray 5, we had to start using the tin trays cause we had no where else to put them!

Tray 6, They look sooo good! I found that I had pink sugar and called my mom at 8pm to come over and bring more. I begged and begged, she was a big poopie head and said no... BUT, she almost said yes (and this again is why I don't talk to my father)
These are the last 3 cupcakes that got away! They were a thank you for my neighbor who helped me do all those damn cupcakes!
And this is my neighbor who was more than the best ever! And that is our lil trooper who was up till almost 10pm with us! The poor thing was way too tired! And yes my neighbor is a Yankee fan. I don't know why we let her in the house wearing that but we did! Hubby is a Red Sox fan and everyone else are Met fans....


Now that you got to see all the cupcakes and the cake, I want to say that I found baking classes at the local Michaels, I really want to sign up for the classes. I just hope that they are free! They say that they cost but you can't find a cost anywhere. I will be going this week to see what they have available!
I mean I pretty much know how to do alot, I used to work in a bakery but I really only worked with butercream. I also never made buttercream. Even though I'm in love with it. More than anything I need the right supplies! I need a pastry bag and I need the tools to decorate cakes. I can make layered cakes and its loads of fun but they always come out crappy cause I don't have the right stuff. I talked to one of my friends she gets her supplies from Michaels, she says they have ready made fondant and everything too! I never though the craft store would be the place to carry baking supplies but I guess it makes sense...
Even though I am on a diet I have been very good when baking to not go over board! I have one piece, or less than a serving once a day. Since my cal are low every day I have room. I try my hardest though to keep my sugar low. But I also know depriving my body of sweets leads to disaster. So I try to keep any dessert to a limited quantity.
So this has been my stick lately. I guess its part of my creativity that I have been hiding... That and sometimes I feel bored! I feel like I can be doing soooo much more with my time. I really want to do soo much, I feel sometimes that I can and sometimes that I'm completely incapacitated. I really want to get over that feeling. I know I should be able to do anything and everything. One day I will get there I just hope that it is soon!









1 comment:

Followers

Measurments- sept 1, 2009

L arm: 12.5
R arm: 12.5
L thigh: 26
R thigh: 25.5
L calf: 15
R calf: 14.5
Bust: 34.5
Waist: 37
Thighs: 40.5